Director of Network Planning
Accelecom is currently seeking high-energy professional to lead our Network Planning initiatives. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a background in Network & Capacity Management. Successful candidates must have in depth knowledge of the Telecom industry, carrier interconnection experience, and a solid understanding of DWDM & FTTX solutions. This position will collaborate extensively with vendors and internal, cross-functional teams.
This position can be based in our Atlanta, GA or Louisville, KY office. Full time Telecommuting not supported.
- Recruit and build a team of highly qualified Network Planners.
- Develop and lead a team to achieve a high performing organization which delivers effectively, efficiently, and reliably to business needs.
- Work with the product and architecture groups to provide technical input in the definition, evaluation, and implementation of new technologies in the network.
- Perform long-range forecasting, feeder route analysis and other strategic planning activities, as business needs dictate.
- Lead and/or participate in both strategic and tactical planning discussions.
- Model, compile, analyze, plan and/or implement network designs that encompass additions, rearrangements, and removal of facilities as driven by customer contracts, capacity needs, cost transformation and/or network reliability activities.
- Model and/or forecast multiple data points including modeling data for ad hoc and pre-built reporting, develop forecast/utilization trends, find trends in datasets, and then work independently, as well as in tandem with other teams, to act on the data, as required.
- Anticipate capacity requirements in the network utilizing forecast data, existing network inventory data, and strategic planning data.
- Create and/or contribute to the development and delivery of technical and process training.
- Collaborate with vendors on network deployment, reliability, and cost containment.
- Advanced knowledge of multiple technology domains, primarily DWDM, Ethernet, Internet, and FTTX technologies.
- Expert knowledge of planning methods and procedures, installation practices, telecom architectures, network processes including interdepartmental handoffs, activities, and service level agreements (SLA’s).
- Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tool(s) to extract data, formulate metrics and build, or support the building of reports.
- Experience using Google Earth KMZ files.
- Passionate about modeling and analysis.
- Able to prioritize and complete assignments on time.
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills sufficient to work in a progressively paperless environment.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications (i.e., Word, Access, etc.) and intermediate Excel expertise (VB, macro coding, and comprehensive pivot table experience).
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience and/or industry technical certifications. 5+ years of related experience and/or education background.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- GPON & XGS-PON
- 3GIS experience.
- SiteTracker experience.
- Connected2Fiber experience.
- Experience with DWDM systems, particularly DZS & Fujitsu.
- Experience with Layer2/Layer3 networks, particularly Juniper.
- OSP experience.
Compensation: We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk, stoop, hear, use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The duties of this job are performed inside a climate-controlled office setting.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Accelecom is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any applicable legally protected characteristic.
Authorization to Work in the United States: In compliance with Federal law and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 22.1800, the selected candidate will be required to provide documentation that will verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.