Senior Project Manager – Program Management Office (PMO)
OpenFiber Kentucky Company, LLC, dba Accelecom, is seeking a Senior Project Manager for its Program Management Office (PMO). The Senior Project Manager serves as a subject matter expert on project management fundamentals, industry best practices, and project management methodologies. This position is responsible for high-impact programs and oversees all aspects of the project lifecycle. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible to plan, organize and successfully complete projects and programs. Successful experience with large, complex programs is a must.
The ideal candidate has been a self-starter and leader for a business fiber optic services company/organization, with internet services, technical and project management experience. Experience with large enterprise customers, carriers, or county/state entities is necessary. The Senior Project Manager must be an excellent communicator and collaborator, with demonstrated ability to work across teams and organizations to prioritize activities and bring people together to achieve shared goals. They must be able to solve complex problems that may have wide impact, requiring high levels of functional integration and involving multiple teams and stakeholders. This role requires the capacity to serve as a trusted advisor to stakeholders on behalf of the organization.
Responsibilities of this job will include conducting Teams webinars to support business integration of existing service providers, as well as network build and new service launches for Accelecom’s existing operations. The job span includes projects in Engineering & Design, Outside Plant Permits & Construction, OSS/BSS, IT, Service Delivery, Service Assurance & NOC, Product & Marketing, Sales, Legal & Regulatory, and Customer Experience. The ideal candidate is versatile and effective across a range of business cycle stages and comfortable in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. The candidate will work closely with internal and external team members while maintaining project reporting and supporting daily operations. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Organize and lead business integration webinars hosted and managed by PMO staff and contractors. Create & distribute meeting Agendas, and Action Items & Owners meeting notes
- Maintain the PMO Teams and Sharepoint sites, including member access, file posting and organization, and collaboration of employees & vendors in different states & time zones
- Create presentations for Board meetings and provide weekly and monthly status reports for executive management of Accelecom Holdings, OpenFiber Kentucky, and Accelecom Georgia.
- Assist department leaders and staff with best practice documentation, training, and operational consistency across different geographic areas. Recommend potential solutions to department leaders and SMEs to achieve business goals
- Work with department leaders and SMEs to define delivery timelines and plans, understand capacity constraints and correctly prioritize major tasks & projects.
- Lead by example in setting the expectation among stakeholders of meeting or exceeding the schedule, cost and scope commitments.
- Assist staff with RFP responses, BoM procurements and field logistics, permits and approvals
- Ensure adherence to the Company’s policies and procedures, data accuracy and integrity, and internal controls for project status and financial reporting
- Provide training to new staff as necessary on PMO tools and processes
- Establish and maintain effective project schedules, communication, and coordination across departments & locations. Complete special project assignments as required
- Escalate high-level risk, delay and material variance issues to Management as appropriate
- Provide leadership on improvement initiatives across multiple departments that will add value to Accelecom services through exceptional customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated experience in fiber networks with enterprise, carrier or county/state government customers.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in project management or supervisory position in the fiber optic, telecom, communications service provider, or wireless industries.
- Professional Project Manager or PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred; Six Sigma certification optional. ITIL certification a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team, establishing and sustaining relationships with customers and employees at all levels in their respective organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and able to pass a background check/drug test/driving record check
- Working knowledge of Teams, Sharepoint, and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Needs the ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively; and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all staff. This position requires the ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and re-prioritize daily workload and work with minimum supervision and the ability to meet deadlines, establish deadlines, and to prioritize deadlines.