OpenFiber Kentucky is currently seeking a full-time Systems Administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a background in Systems Administration. The Systems Administrator will be accountable for the LAN, WAN, cyber security posture, network segments, and virtual systems. He/she will also manage the connectivity of multiple platforms to create a seamless user experience in addition to maintaining the essentials such as operating systems, business applications, security tools, servers, email, laptop, network equipment, and desktop PCs.
This position is based in our Louisville, KY office. Relocation assistance not provided. Full time Telecommuting not supported.
- Administration of Linux & Windows Servers (primarily Linux environment).
- Administration of Microsoft Azure & Azure AD environments, including Group & User management.
- Responsible for Office365 environment, including Outlook & SharePoint.
- Administration of core infrastructure services such as DNS, DHCP, Syslog & FTP.
- Configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of Nutanix hardware & virtual infrastructure, including all VM administration.
- Responsible for SSL Certificate management & administration.
- Protecting data by developing data security and disaster recovery plans, procedures, and active controls to ensure compliance with SOC 2 protocols.
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all systems and services.
- Daily review of system backups, verifying completion of all backups, replication, and cloud copy jobs.
- Monitor Systems environments - disk space, utilization, capacity, and availability.
- Automate operations and processes via scripting and other methods.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve software and hardware problems.
- Document server and network design, operation, and procedures.
- Update and maintain software licenses.
- Maintain & patch software applications.
- Utilize tools such as Ansible and Gitlab to script / automate re-occurring technical tasks.
- Responsible for all IT security including MFA, endpoint security clients, etc.
- Perform security monitoring.
- Provide technical guidance for all Corporate Systems.
- Supervise IT Desktop/Support Technicians.
- Responsible for Desktop/Laptop hardware, software, and license management.
- Assist users with any IT network/workstation related problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of Systems Administration experience required.
- Associates Degree in IT-related field preferred.
- MCSA, MCSE, or other IT certifications preferred.
- Hands-on experience with managing a virtual environment, especially Nutanix, is preferred.
- Strong Linux administration (primarily Ubuntu).
- Strong scripting skills (BASH, Python, PHP, etc.).
- Knowledge of deployment software: GIT, Ansible, Puppet, JENKINS, etc.
- Knowledge of version control systems (GitLab).
- Database administration and management (MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, PG RDS, REDSHIFT, etc.).
- Strong understanding of networking: TCP/IP, IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, HTTP, DNS, TLS.
- Experience with PKI and Certificate Management.
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- Familiar with Jira and it’s integrations.
- API Management.
- Experience with Azure & Azure Active Directory.
- Experience with FTP, SFTP/SCP, and TFTP platforms.
- Familiar with DNS & DHCP systems.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- TAC+ or TACACS
- Knowledge of SiteTracker & SalesForce
- NOC experience
Compensation: We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk, stoop, hear, use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The duties of this job are performed inside a climate-controlled office setting.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: OpenFiber Kentucky is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any applicable legally protected characteristic.
Authorization to Work in the United States: In compliance with Federal law and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 22.1800, the selected candidate will be required to provide documentation that will verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.