Warehouse & Field Ops. Coordinator - Telecom
OpenFiber Kentucky is currently seeking a full-time Warehouse & Field Ops Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a background in Inventory Management & Telecom Field Operations. The candidate must be comfortable serving in a dual-capacity role. The primary focus of the position is to manage our Telecom Inventory, but the successful candidate will also serve as a Telecom Field Technician on occasion. This position will collaborate extensively with vendors and internal, cross-functional teams.
This position is based in our Louisville, KY office. Relocation assistance not provided. Full time Telecommuting not supported.
- Develop warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing process work flow, space requirements, equipment layout and implementing changes.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing and distribution operations.
- Control and manage inventory/track movement.
- Secures property by following access policies and procedures.
- Inspect condition of tools and equipment.
- Pick, pull and stage inventory for specific jobs.
- Communicate with third-party field technicians to ensure efficient delivery of products.
- Conduct quarterly physical inventory audits.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing all company rules and regulations.
- Test, install, troubleshoot and repair telecommunication services.
- Interact with customers in a professional manner and deliver exceptional service.
- Drive to and from locations within Kentucky.
- Operate testing equipment to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Utilize a laptop computer and various software applications
- Other related duties as required.
- Associates Degree or higher.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in the Telecommunications industry.
- Prior inventory management experience, preferably Telecom inventory.
- Experience with Asset Tagging & Scanning systems.
- Experience installing/repairing Telecom services such as Internet, Cable, and Ethernet.
- Self-Motivated, ability to prioritize and organize workload with little direction
- Must be computer savvy, able to handle multiple computer applications.
Compensation: We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk, stoop, hear, use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The duties of this job are performed inside a climate-controlled office setting.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: OpenFiber Kentucky is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any applicable legally protected characteristic.
Authorization to Work in the United States: In compliance with Federal law and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 22.1800, the selected candidate will be required to provide documentation that will verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.